Thursday, December 08, 2005

 

Pride & Prejudice, she said 5.0


First I would like to say that....I am on time (take a moment to applaud me - thanks). Back to the movie in review: So, I am not the most well read individual - I admit it, I have never read "Pride and Prejudice." However, after watching this movie, I know what my holiday reading will be. As the movie ended and the light came up, a smile of satisfaction stretched across my face. I wanted to spin like Buddy the Elf. Yeah, I said it - please, that's how happy I was. Now, why you may ask did I love this movie so much?

One, the story stands alone as an impressive piece of work. A classic romance story with a twist always pleases. The hilariously eager sisters and the status driven mother added just the right amount of humor to the movie. Now you may think, "Really, a romance? That sounds far too heavy." But, I say nay! The movie is quite light with wonderfully meaningful undertones.

Two, who doesn't love a good period piece? The costumes were perfect and expansive landscape shots were magnificent. One could get lost in the aesthetic beauty of the movie.

Three, Keira Knightley is a fantastic actress and delightfully charming on the big screen. Plus, as my male friends would say, "She is effing hot".

Take someone to see this movie tonight.
Comments:
Look at you posting by the deadline and all. Please. Enjoy your movie tonight. And I actually applauded while reading this just like you said.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home