Monday, January 09, 2006

 

GUY'S NIGHT OUT: Cheaper by the Dozen 2, he said 4.0


I cannot justify why I liked this movie and its predecessor as much as I do. As I watched it, I knew it was not really a good movie, but I liked it anyway. It suffers from some of the worst things about sequels (it reminded me of "Beethoven 2" in many ways). It also is plagued by the cloying schmaltz that was present in the first movie. But still, I liked it.

I really like many of the actors such as Bonnie Hunt, Tom Welling, Steve Martin, Eugene Levy, Piper Perabo, and yes, even Hilary Duff (a guilty pleasure I know). Carmen Electra, as Levy's trophy wife, provided many of the funniest moments (Kudos!...It's my word). I find all of the characters likeable, and I enjoyed the family rivalry between the Bakers and the Murtaughs.

And yes, even though parts are somewhat maudlin, they always make me go "aww." Bottom line: If you liked the first one, you'll probably like this one. If not, there is nothing here that will change your mind.

What did you think?




Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home