Monday, February 27, 2006

 

Capote, he said 4.0


"Capote" is a good film, but not a great one. I enjoyed the movie, but I am kind of surprised that it was nominated for Best Picture (not that I really put a lot of stock into the Academy). The movie just didn't pack any kind of "oomph" be it visually, emotionally, thoughtfully, etc. But it was not bad.

Phillip Seymour Hoffman, however, is great. I completely understand his nomination and would not mind seeing him win Best Actor. Chris Cooper and more round out a very competent cast.

The stark visual look of the movie appropriately mirrors the nature of the crime Capote is researching and his character.

I don't have much to say about this movie. I'm pretty late in seeing it so there is already more than enough written about it elsewhere. Sorry, I'm just not that into writing more right now.

What did you think?
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home